Korean asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

How many times should i see my psychiatrist before i tell him i want to apply for ssi ?

I have been seeing my psychiatrist one time each month so it’s been  2 months now and my therapist for 2 months  once a week i am on medication and i am still unable to work my doctor told me i need to only eat fruit or i’m at risk but i have no money to only buy fruit i’m still living with my mom i’m 21 so when should i tell my psychiatrist this isn’t working for me and i want to apply for ssi ? i have been taking medication since i was 17 and nothing has worked for me and my psychiatrist said if the medication i’m taking does not work now he will get me started on something else and honestly i’m kinda over taking medication because it makes me feel worse! 

Why are you supposed to eat fruit only? It's loaded with natural sugar. Not sure what that's all about

And you are free to apply for SSI anytime you want. You can do it on your own. You just have to give them the things they ask for (such as the names, addresses and phone numbers of your doctors, for example). You can call Social Security and make an appointment at your local office for an intake appointment and to get an application started