What else can I do with my sump pump drainage?

My sump pump discharge runs through underground piping to the street and of course tends to puddle right in front of my neighbors driveway. He hasn't said anything to me yet but it has to bother him... it bothers me lol so what else could I do with the discharge? 

• GTB

Check local codes on this before you do anything and see if the local drain commission will address the puddling in the street

I would water my lawn...or garden or trees.

• roger

Run it through a  garden or  dig a  drywell and  put the discharge into that.

• Droopy

Is there a ditch or storm drain you could get to by repipeing some of it.  Or shorten the pipe so it ends in yard an can soak into ground.  Just dont cut so short the water soaks back into where your pumping from.

• Barry

Redirect it. Maybe dig an adequate soakaway and pipe it to that. Hire a digger fill the hole with old bricks and/or limestone rejects. That should work unless you are on a bed of clay. Even then it should work to some extent.

• Rick

where do you live ???  does it freeze ??  Could you plumb it to water your garden ???

• n2006cos1 month agoReport

Live in NJ and yeh it freezes, dont have a garden yet. Just bought the house a few months ago lol but I'll keep that in mind whenever my wife gets her garden going.