Recommended CPU for 4k video editing?

I'm going to start building a desktop for some basic to mid level 4k video editing. I would like to stick with AMD as the CPU manufacturer. I have been looking at the threadripper line of CPU's. My budget for the cpu is around $700, which will probably put me somewhere in the 1st generation category for them. Is there one that you would recommend or maybe a certain setup with a motherboard?

Thanks for your time and help all!

For video editing Ram, SSD speed, and GPU are far more important than CPU.

the sound of your question makes it seem like you are using cpu as the whole computer instead of the individual component (which it is)

for $700 you are not going to get a good experience 

Good 4k editing machines START at 3-4 times what you want to spend.

• semick_153 weeks agoReport

Well overall I will be spending close to 3k on building one but wasnt sure what would be a good cpu. So would it be better to focus on a good graphics card rather than cpu?

you'll do far better to focus on the gpu rather than the cpu

More important in video editing is the video system--the card, the monitor, how connected, resolution chosen. Search forums on video editing for ideas.