Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

My best friends never even said happy birthday to me on my birthday, what should I do?

My friendship group has three other girls in it who i consider to be my best friends. On your birthday where I live its a massive thing among people my age for your friends to make a big deal about it on instagram and make a big post with tons of photos of you and a long caption. this is something that we have done for eachother every other year on our birthdays without fail, but this year they didn't even acknowledge that it was my birthday. I waited all day for them to say something as we had been texting eachother throughout the day about other things, and i ruled out them forgetting because they had been active on social media all day, where other people had posted about my birthday. The next day after none of them had said anything I thought that maybe they were planning a suprise, and I was away on holiday at the time, so I waited until I got back to make any further judgements. It has now been two weeks since my birthday and a week since I got back and still nothing. I've even tried to make plans to hang out with them to see if they were waiting to hang out with me to suprise me, but everytime they've made up an excuse for why they can't. I've been pretty hurt by this and waiting for them to say anything is kind of agonizing. I want to confront them and ask why no one has said anything to me about my birthday yet, but I don't want to make a big deal and then find out that they had a suprise planned and feel like an asshole. Am I overreacting or am I being too nice?

• Alan H

Because you make a big issue issue of it does not make it a big issue.

Sorry, but you need to get over it if you truly are a friend

• Sandy

the larger question is, why are your "friends" dissing you? what did you do to piss them all off? check yourself...