Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I'm extremely confused by what I feel.?

I'm in a loving marraige now for 3 years. We are very happy and barely have fights and love each other a lot. The only thing missing is sex. We barely have any. But that doesnt stop our love. Recently I have been feeling extremely (physically) attracted to a colleague and it's really playing on my mind. I do not want to cheat on my wife and I love her very much, to the extent that I'd rather be missing the intimacy than hurt her, but I really need an outlet, and I'm feeling very very physically attracted to this person.

I'm extremely confused, troubled, disappointedin myself and disillusioned.

Take it home. Find out WHY you barely have any sex 3 years into your marriage. Take it home.

• RP

If your marriage is sound (strong), except for the absence of sex, you might consider being open, frank, and honest with your spouse by explaining your dilemma and asking her advice and support to get you through this difficult situation. At the least, it will be positive to let her know you love her enough to remain faithful, even in the face of this temptation, but it may also help strengthen and improve your marriage, not to mention possibly your sexual interaction.

Control your wandering mind. If you’re happily married, get to the bottom of the sexual bottleneck. Fidelity is mandatory. 

If the only intimacy you know of is 

physical, start sharing your confusion with her. Hear her perspective. Shoot for empathy, and not sympathy.

It's perfectly normal for the honeymoon phase of marriage to slow down after a few years. Love is great, but you still have to live your lives.Your first step would be to have a conversation with your wife about your sex life. Your idea of "barely having" sex may be very different than hers. Maybe she feels overworked, unattractive or unappreciated. Most women find it hard to have sex under those conditions. Before getting upset about your needs, you should make sure that her needs are being taken care of. That's the way love is supposed to work.