Who else is sick of hearing they are privileged just because they are white.?

I am tired of hearing people complain about not being white. I really don't see what this has to do with Genealogy and Family History. I would move it to Society and Culture, but I am not at that level yet.

This is not a question about Genealogy.  It needs moving.

• Lili

Not I.  I know it to be true.

I also know that most whites misunderstand the concept. They think it somehow means that all whites are born to comfort and wealth or don't have to work hard for what they have.  That's not what it means at all.

It refers to things non-whites have to deal with on a regular basis that whites do not, like being stopped by the police for no other reason than that you are a black person driving a nice car. 

Like being followed around a store by a security guard for no other reason than that you are black. 

Like having trouble hailing a cab for no other reason than that you are black.  

Like having people ask suspicious questions of you and even call the police because you're a black nanny taking care of white children (or a black parent married to a white person and with children who look white), and they think you're a kidnapper. 

Like not getting an interview with a potential employer because the name on your resume sounds black.

I could go on, but I hope you get the message.

I'm sick of hearing people moaning about everything - gender, race, sexism blah blah. Just shut up already.

You sound butthurt. Is it the platinum spoon granting you privilege due to being white?

Not me. I love it. Why? Because these ignorant people have no response to the facts. 

I am a 61 year old white man that is born and raise in New Orleans a leading murder per capital city for years. MY white privilege is never being stopped and questioned about any of them. The reason being is MY DEMOGRAPHIC is not a suspect in any more than 1 murder in the last 500. However, that same 500 murders are mostly young blacks being killed by other young blacks.

But that is Half Way True.

If i was White Some People would Decide to treat me better.

Some White People Live In Poverty & are Broke & lonely.

I think People Treat me in a Bad Way because i am not white.

If i was white, people wouldn't follow me around stores so much & stare.

If i was White People Would not Take Me as A Criminal For No Reason.