What is the difference beween legal adviser lawyer and barisster ?

Update:

Which country come from.exactely each .

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A legal adviser could be anyone who advises on law.  They might not be qualified.  Anyone who calls themselves a lawyer should be qualified and registered with the professional body.

In English law, lawyer is a general term and there are both solicitors and barristers.  You go to a solicitor, but if you need to go to court at above the lowest level, a solicitor can't represent you and they will find you a barrister to do the talking.  Unfortunately this means you have to pay for both of them.  There are far more solicitors because they can do most things for you.

For example, I was charged with some crimes and in magistrates' court, my solicitor could handle that, but the court decided the crimes were too serious for them and sent the case to Crown Court.  In Crown Court, you must have a barrister in wig and gown and the solicitor sits behind them.  So the solicitor hired a barrister for me.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It varies by Country, and no one is going to look every Country up for you.  Instead of posting this 100 times, spend the time on google.

IN GENERAL, a legal advisor is not a licensed legal professional; a lawyer in the US is someone who has attended law school and been admitted to the Bar; Barrister is the same thing but in the UK.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

No, a barrister is more specific than that.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.