John asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Do you think defense is more important than offense in the NFL?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Yes. My Chicago bears went to the superbowl 2006 with rex Grossman. The bears D helped them get there.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

That answer is different for almost every game.

• 1 month ago

Sure, if they catch a fumble or interception and can score. Otherwise, it is offense

• 1 month ago

Can't win a game without out scoring the opponent. No NFL defense has scored enough points to win a game in generations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

With all the rules created over the last 30 years to create more passing offense, in today's game I'd say, generally, offense is more important although in the last two seasons I've perceived perhaps somewhat of a revival of defense and rushing offense.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A balance of good offense and good defense is the most important. Even if you have a strong d, and can hold the opposition to a low score, you still need to score more points than the opponent to win. Take for example, Seattle, which held the title of fewest points allowed per game for several consecutive seasons, but it could only win 1 single Super Bowl during that period of time. The Bears of the mid-80s and the Ravens of 2000 had all time great defenses, but they could only win 1 super bowl each because their offenses were mediocre. In contrast, teams like the Denver Broncos, San Francisco of the 80s and Dallas of the 90s did not have the strongest defenses but they won consecutive super bowls. Teams with great offenses, such as the 16-0 NE Patriots, the Air Coryell of the 1980s, and Miami under Dan Marino, never won anything.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bolts1 month agoReport

Ravens fefense allowed 165 points in 2000
      Titans defense allowed 191 points in 2000.

That's the only defensive statistic that matters. Every other defensive statistic is just that, a statistic.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both offense and defense is needed to win games.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's always been the rule of thumb. Offense scores points but defense wins championships. And it 's usually the way it works.

• 1 month ago

Not according to my Bills.

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

So...you guys lost four in a row, eh ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.