I am 20 weeks pregnant, just drank a lucozade and noticed it was 1 month out of date . do I need to seek any professional help ? ?

• Edna

You don't need to seek any professional help. Lucozade is a soft drink manufactured by the Japanese company Suntory and marketed as a range of sports and energy drinks, or as an energy drink for the sick. Like all 'soft drinks', it never goes 'out of date'. You've never heard of a can of Coke going 'out of date', have you?

The date shown on the bottle doesn't mean it's out of date. The date shown is a "best by" date and is for the merchant, so that he'll know when to rotate the stock on his shelf. The 'old' stock placed at the front of the shelf and is sold first; the 'new' stock is placed at the back of the shelf, and is moved to the front of the shelf after all the 'old' stock has been sold. 

I have no idea why that would be necessary. 

Your therapist would likely be concerned about you.

• MissA

Possibly for anxiety.

Otherwise no.

Dates on food items like lucozade are just "best by" dates, not expiration dates.

You are fine.

• Chloe4 weeks agoReport

thankyou , I was just worried about baby x