promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Bobby asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy Β· 3 months ago

Do you agree with this message on why TV and music could NEVER end racism?

By nature, people find it more satisfying to go against morality. They're more influenced by the negative than the positive in mainstream media.

Plus they cannot be persuaded by music or TV to racially unite because of their real life experiences. They'll know that it's all fake, they're all actors, all singers whose only promoting racial harmony for money.

The world was made for conflict. Why try to end a war just so another one could start? Its human nature. You can't have night without day, hot without cold, wet without dry, etc. There's got to be a balance.

Those shows and songs only gave us admiration on how we wish things were. They were only meant for those times only. Its natural evolution.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Given the hypocrisy and degradation of entertainers, your statement is correct.Β  Racism typically and historically glorifies degrading behavior, e.g. re women, drug abuse, etc., and is wrong-path, pathological.Β  Typically, racism is childishly dysfunctional.

• Bobby3 months agoReport

True. I think people just like the IDEA of racial harmony but really don't want it because of social engineering.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

While I agree that TV and music can't end racism, I don't agree with any of your other statements, except that it's human nature to team up, and fight each other over territory and resources.

I find the no-hot-without-cold malarkey especially annoying. There can be no CONCEPT of hot without the concept of cold, but there can be the physical conditions that we use "hot" to describe without the physical conditions that we use "cold" to describe. There can be no concept of peace without the concept of war, but the physical conditions that we use to describe peace can exist without the physical conditions that equate to war.

If we could all just grow up and stop acting like a bunch of clueless apes, we would do well.

• 3 months ago

It's a matter of accepting your own music, TV shows and culture at the same time you accept someone else's.

• 3 months ago

Racism is natural evolution? Are you serious? The world was made for conflict? Don't you think this is rabidly anti-social?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yes it is a disease with no cure .....

• tizzoseddy
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

TD from me if you're interested in further discussion.Β 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.