Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is it illegal to feed someone’s dog in Florida?

I don’t know why my neighbor has a dog. She is a young single woman who works as a nurse, and her dog is left alone for extended periods of time. I guess she wanted to impress her family yesterday, but she screamed at me to stop feeding her dog. She also put up a camera so I guess she is trying to get film of it. I will not ignore a hungry dog that is eating it’s own feces, what kind of man, what kind of human would that make me? I give the dog lunch meat, rice, and hamburger, nothing unhealthy. Animal control does nothing. It’s a terrible situation. 

• patty

report anonymously to whoever looks after animals welfare

Ask the police, they should know

Yes it is not illegal to fed others dogs z buy dot krill oun

Only if you feed the dog a Basset Hound puppy.

Here's my guess - you like this "single young nurse" and have been trying to get her attention/seem like a "nice guy" by feeding and talking to her dog. She's told you several times to stop because you come across as a creepy stalker. She's even had to put up a camera. You're offended so you want to take petty revenge by reporting her, and you came here for validation. 

Source(s): MPD 21 years.
    • whostosay4 weeks agoReport

leaving this comment on anonymous because you know you sound like a crazy person lmao

When you go to feed her dog, at least give it something nutritious for the dog. Table scraps are better than nothing but the dog needs more.

With the camera up, it may just be a fake one but if it is a real one you can carry a sign when you feed the dog that you are feeding a dog that has been neglected & is so skinny you can see ribs.

If Animal Control won't do anything about this, you can reach out to some of the other dog rescues to see if someone could come out & look at the situation & evaluate it.

I am with you all the way. This dog needs help. Usually Animal Control asks if the dog has shelter from the weather, does it have water available at all times.

A neglected dog in backyards are all too common. If the dog is really emaciated & skin & bones, you may get some help from some of the other rescue groups around you.

Your best bet is to notify your local Animal Control or Game Warden. While I completely understand the reason why you're feeding the dog. The police might not be so understanding. You are trespassing after all.

Yes, it is. So into the troll jail you go...

The dog may be on a strict diet imposed by a vet.

Your actions could be harming it's health.

If concerned, call animal control.

People like you make me very glad my dog is trained never to eat anything without my ok.

Add: if my dog ate what you are feeding this dog it would result in a trip to the vet and a large bill for intensive care.

• Jim2

Is the dog really eating its own poop? I would report it to the humane society. Well, that is if you are really sure she is starving the dog. Dogs can eat once a day and be ok.

But then you say animal control does nothing. This sounds strange.....

• Goerge
      1 month agoReport

I'd happily have him arrested for trespassing.