Drive by wire (cars) who feels the same way? ?

I passed my test in 2010 and always felt I couldnt truly drive a manual for years until 2018 I bought a 2005 suzuki alto. 

Instantly I could drive this car amazingly well. Accerleration was faster (in response not speed) I felt connected to the clutch, and I self learned to heel and toe without even realising I was doing it. 

When i questioned this with my grand dad (a mechanic) he said all modern cars are crap, the suzuki is plain and simple it has a cable throttle body, thats the difference. 

I didnt believe at first but now I get into a modern car, yeah sure it looks nice and has all these gadgets but the delay in get going is terrible you cant heel and toe in these cars, just feels like a computer on slow download. 

Im by no means a boy racer, I just want a car to feel instant so its a joy to operate.

So my question is, does anyone know how to improve the delay in electronic throttle response?

Or maybe I just stick to old cars and avoid new ones like the plague!

Thanks!

To delay take off, you simply hold the brakes while hitting the accelerator, then release and launch. Kind of hitting the accelerator before dumping the clutch on a stick shift. 

stick is always more fun to drive except in heavy traffic

You have the wrong car. Drive a few others.

boy your funny ..suzuki alto???..thats a girls car ..fast acceleration?  only via a cliff fall ....try harder ...i read your other answers!!

If you want instant response, drive fully electric. 

I don't think I'd now go back to a manual, given the option. 

• arther

ever driven a v8? Investigate what a throttle controller does if you want to waste more fuel. if you want full throttle it will give it instantly