promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 3 months ago

Was Brucee Ree the greatest martial arts poser of all time?

He learnt all this sh,it and he never once used it to beat anyone up

Update:

All that speed power and technical knowledge and not a single KO

Update 2:

Not a single entertaining fight 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Brucee Ree, no such guy.

Easy to pick on a person that passed away in 1973.

Bruce Lee, Lee Jun Fan, Lee Yuen-cham, Lee Yuen-kam, Lee Siu-lung, The Real Guy!

"After Lee was involved in several street fights, his parents decided that he needed to be trained in the martial arts. Lee's first introduction to martial arts was through his father, from whom he learned the fundamentals of Wu-style t'ai chi ch'uan.The largest influence on Lee's martial arts development was his study of Wing Chun. Lee began training in Wing Chun when he was 16 years old under the Wing Chun teacher Yip Man in between late 1956 and 1957, after losing to rival gang members.

Yip's regular classes generally consisted of the forms practice, chi sao (sticking hands) drills, wooden dummy techniques, and free-sparring. There was no set pattern to the classes. Yip tried to keep his students from fighting in the street gangs of Hong Kong by encouraging them to fight in organized competitions.After a year into his Wing Chun training, most of Yip Man's other students refused to train with Lee when they learned of his mixed ancestry, as the Chinese were generally against teaching their martial arts techniques to non-Asians. Lee's sparring partner, Hawkins Cheung, states, "Probably fewer than six people in the whole Wing Chun clan were personally taught, or even partly taught, by Yip Man". However, Lee showed a keen interest in Wing Chun and continued to train privately with Yip Man and Wong Shun Leung. Wan Kam Leung, a student of Wong's, witnessed a sparring bout between Wong and Lee and noted the speed and precision with which Lee was able to deliver his kicks. Lee continued to train with Wong Shun Leung after returning to Hong Kong from America.After attending Tak Sun School (several blocks from his home at 218 Nathan Road, Kowloon), Lee entered the primary school division of the Catholic La Salle College at the age of 12. In 1956, due to poor academic performance and possibly poor conduct, he was transferred to St. Francis Xavier's College, where he would be mentored by Brother Edward, a teacher and coach of the school boxing team.

In 1958, Bruce won the Hong Kong schools boxing tournament, knocking out the previous champion in the final. "

Copied by

Bruce Le,

Bruce Lie,

Bruce Liang,

Bruce Leung,

Saro Lee,

Bruce Ly,

Bruce Lea,

Bruce Lai,

Bruce Li,

Bronson Lee,

Bruce Thai,

Brute Lee,

Myron Bruce Lee,

Lee Bruce,

They Call Me Bruce.

etc.

Posers dont get copied as copying is the greatest form of flattery.

Are we better now than then? Yes in many ways.

Bruce Lee opened that up for all of us. He broke down barriers.

In a way he did more for the entire world of martial arts than any other.

Good, Bad, or indifferent.

Others have had more localized influences.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Megumi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He never mastered even one style of martial arts, and he had no competition record as an adult. He studied Wing Chu 2 or 4 years but could not master its basics, A good student can master the basics in one year, so Bruce Lee was  a bad student. His Sifu Yip Man said that Bruce Lee was too immature and egotistical to learn well Those negative traits were with him all of his life. He was a poser and the most famous one in martial arts. 

What did he learn? He had no black belt or equivalent badge of mastery.. He supposedly had street fights but no one actually knows the results of them. 

He avoided competition because he knew he would be beaten, and his ego  could not handle that.  

• 2 months ago

He is definitely most phony of all time. Many tales about him are just impossible. He has become a brand name that made his widow and daughter millionaires. Absurd hoaxes about him are still being created. 

• Steel
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Unfortunately, I agree with most of this.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Lee was a killer....check out this short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yf-Cpvvucs

Youtube thumbnail

• ...Show all comments
    • Megumi
      Lv 6
      11 hours agoReport

Bruce said he did not want to compete. Does this video show him playing ping pong with nunchakus.?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Imp
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No, the best posers are the Mighty Morphin power rangers!

• Ramiro
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Nah fool Billy Blanks was, i bought the Tae Bo workout DVD and didnt lose a pound! What a phonie

• ...Show all comments
    • Ramiro
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Ok i was just joking, but honestly I believe you bro, because in highschool for P.E. they made us do Tae Bo. They would show the video on a tv and the whole class had to work out. What i do remember was that it was very hard on the knees like you said.

• Steel
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

(Assuming you mean "Bruce Lee")

It sounds as if you may be conflating "fights" with "bouts". I don't think Bruce Lee was the end-all, be-all of martial arts as he is made out to be, but none of the reasons for my belief are what you listed here.

• Lv 4
      3 months agoReport

good reply

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

don't think many would agree with you

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Many are mindless naïve fan boys

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.