Drank diluted washing up liquid?

So I washed my reusable plastic water bottle with hot water and soap, and rinsed it out immediately several times. But now I can taste the washing up liquid and wanted to confirm it isn't harmful and if there was a way to remove the taste of the washing up liquid.

What you need to do is get rid of the soap residue. Alcohol, such as vodka, or oil, such as canola oil, should get rid of it. 

Cheers

Harmless. 

Fill the bottle with hot water a few times, fit the stopper, and shake it vigorously. Leave it a few minutes to cool down a bit and then *carefully* remove the stopper very slowly: the hot air inside can make the hot water shoot out so you don’t want to scald yourself with hot water.

Repeat a few times. The taint should then be gone. If not, refill again with hot water which has a couple of teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate (baking powder) and then leave it overnight. 

Next time you wash the bottle use far less washing up liquid.

• Bloodwings1 month agoReport

Thank you I shall try it now :)

• Stacey

its not harmful.maybe you will poop bubbles next time though