Is it dangerous for a white man to enter the black neighborhoods of Chicago at night?

• Jerome
    Favorite Answer

No more dangerous than a black youth walking through the rich suburbs of Maryland at night.

Said youth, because dangerous environments affects them more acutely than adults.

Been there done that as a youth and adult.

No need to bore anyone with anymore episodes...........lol

• Jesere

Don't know but, I was a white woman who entered Oakland, California neighborhoods at around 11 at night. I felt safe.

That would be suicidal.

Not if you are a regular customer buying drugs.

I know nothing about Chicago - but I can say for sure your type tend to say that about New York to - well, I am white, live close to New York, and have done that plenty of times - no it is not particularly "dangerous" unless you count police assuming you are looking for drugs or something like that (that is a problem in itself that should not be, but a different issue).

I had minimal issues a low number of times (less than 1% of the total times I have done that) and I would say those times the main problem was the other guy(s) were EXTREMELY intoxicated.

Well white people live in the ghetto 2 so I dunno 

Jerome's a bit confused.   A black youth is far safer walking through the rich suburbs of Maryland than they are walking  through Maryland's inner cities.

I'm personally not afraid of coloreds.  

Safer than a Black child