Do you think stock case fans are any good?

Hey guys!

I am a little bit worried about my GPU temps. At maximum load the temperatures can even reach 79 degrees Celsius. I don't want to change the GPU fans because it is brand new and I have 3 years warranty, and if I change the fans the warranty will be void. CPU temperatures are 68 degrees maximum, which I think is ok.

I have 4 bulit-in fans in my case, 3 in the front and 1 in the back. I don't think they are good quality because I bought the case for 70 euros or 78 US dollars.

Do you think changing the case fans could reduce the GPU temperatures, and if you do what fans do you think I should get?

Favorite Answer

Without knowing your GPU I can't say what temps are average but generally anything below 80C is usually fine for most modern cards.

If your case has a spot for a top-mounted fan it may help to add one and set it up as an exhaust fan. It's possible the single rear fan might not be able to keep up blowing out the air by itself but from my experience changing my case fan setup only brought my temps down by a few degrees for my NZXT H510 case. If you think your case airflow is affecting your temps, you can try and run the computer with the side panel off and see how much your temps change, if any.

Generally speaking, it depends on the case how good the fans are. Often they're not the absolute greatest you can buy, but they're usable.

• JDave1 month agoReport

I have an XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB GPU. I can install up to 3 120mm or 2 140mm fans on the top panel according to my case manual. So I might install a 140mm fan right above the motherboard. Thanks for the reply :)