Couple questions about colds vs the flu...?

I have been trying to figure out if I have the flu or just a cold and it seems I have some symptoms of both. I had chills and sweating, a sore throat, a little nausea, and I am very very weak(it’s hard to even stand). Most of the time when I get sick I also get a stuffy or runny nose but I haven’t had that at all. These symptoms all started last night and got a lot worse by this morning. Any clue what this might be or tips to get better soon?Thanks!

I also do gymnastics and have a meet tomorrow so I want to feel better fast so I can complete but I’m not sure that’s gonna happen so any advise would be great!

Favorite Answer

i take a 1000mg Vit C and zinc tablet once a day.

but it's the zinc that speeds up recovery.

no  gymnastics tomorrow,stay home and keep warm it should be gone in a couple of days.

If you can come on here and post, you have a heavy cold.  If you can't do anything - more likely to be flu.

I would say you have the flu, the dead giveaway is the "hard to stand" comment! The flu takes 1-2 weeks to fully recover from, so, I think it's safe say you won't be competing in tomorrow's event, sorry!