Kathya asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Who counts for household income?

Recently I was trying to apply for healthcare’s but I’m having trouble...

I think partly it might have to do with household income.

I live in an apartment, my name and my mom’s name is on the lease.

She has one room, siblings in another, and me and my roommate in one room. We split the rent three ways.

Would I include everyone in my household income even though I buy my own food and stuff?

I’ve read other posts saying that you include people who you financially depend on or that financially depend on you. I’m just not sure if I’m doing this right and getting accurate results...

You say you're not financially dependent on anyone, you pay rent (state the amount and you might have to have someone write a short letter saying what you pay with their signature). If you prep and buy your own food, mention that. If someone depends upon you financially, i guess you'd put that in but i don't know why?

• ron h

I think it should be income from everyone who "permanently" lives in the house and contributes to the bills.  In most  lower income questions, the addition of income is USUALLY balanced out when you count the number of people who permanently live there.  Unless someone who's in your house pays rent somewhere else, you've got to count them, Try to do this legitimately, because there's usually a big penalty for lying.

• edward

Household means me, my wife, my son and parents. If i was living in my house it wouldn’t include my parents but would include my sister.