Kathy asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Are either of these office coworkers being rude?

Since Employee A needed to give Employee B who sits away from him important info, he gets up from his seat and heads for her area. Employee B wants to go to the coffee station for some tea. After he reaches about 4 feet away from her desk, she gets up and starts to walk while carrying a mug. Employee A greets while Employee B walks past him, "Hey [girl's name: eg Monica, Diane, Sharon, etc]!" Employee B gives him a small & quick smile. Then she continues to walk. Employee A says to her, "Don’t walk away while I'm trying to talk to you." After that, she lightly scowls at him and blatantly walks away to go to her desired destination for her hot beverage.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Employee A was rude--you don't demand that someone stays put because you are trying to talk to them.  That came off as controlling.  Emp. B was obviously unaware at first that A wanted to speak to her--but after that comment she decided coffee was more important-Emp. should have said something like, "Oh, before you go, could I just have a word with you about....?" it's all in the delivery.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Employee B's being a bit of a pill. But the pain of caffeine withdrawal is real so maybe she shouldn't be judged too harshly.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think the 2nd one was rude

• 1 month ago

Employee A was rude to demand B to be at A's beckon call, but if A is B's superior, B was rude to ignore A.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A was def rude - what possesses anyone to speak to another that way??? She was right to keep walking, I wouldn't have stopped either.

• 1 month ago

Employee A was rude, by stating to not walk away from him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.