Part of my stovetop won't turn on my Induction Range?

So my Induction Range is about 18 years old now. On one particular stove has a small and large option. When turning the knob on for the small portion, the stove doesn't turn on, when turning it on for the large option, the outer ring powers on, but the inner smaller stove circle does not. The rest of the range still functions, including the other 3 stove tops and the oven. I however use this now broken one the most, and I don't know how expensive a repair would be, or due to it being almost 20 years, might be a good idea to replace entirely.

• Droopy

Time to get a new stove or start useing another eye.  At 18 years old your gonna probably have issues finding the parts.   You gotta figure after labor an cost of parts your looking at 300 400 bucks on a 18 year old unit.  Thats probably gonna breakdown again.  or put that repair cost towards a new unit which run between 500 to over1000 depending on how fancy you need it to be.

Range has returned your money back.  It is time for a new one.

I think you need to call someone who is qualified to repair induction ranges. They are beyond the abilities of the average person, even one who can do electrical DIY. If it has fuses you can get to, check those. That's all I would do before calling a pro.

• Edwena

Both of the malfunctions you describe is a broken inner ring. You might take your range model number and find a parts diagram and parts list and see if you can order the parts and the cost. (google). Call a service company and see if they would perform the installation service of your parts. Knowing how to get into the stove is more difficult than replacing the parts. But, anyway, get an idea of how much that would cost you and then what it is worth to you. We would just abandon that ring and use the others. Or at least the other front one and the oven. You have 3 others that are almost brand new, and that is good for another 60 years.