Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why isn't he ready to commit yet?

He said my personality and qualities are perfect. But he wishes that I lose a bit of weight (he will work on his fitness too). Now more recently, we had a mini argument and I later asked him what I can change. He said nothing. I asked "do you like the way I am?" and he said yes. So confused....why isn't he ready to commit yet? We've been dating for 2 months.

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

It takes the average emotionally well-adjusted male about a YEAR of steady dating to know if he is ready to commit. Sooner than that and something is wrong with him .. which means that the relationship is going to fall apart.

For women it takes at least 6 months. You've only been dating 2 months? Until you become more whole and self-sufficient you will not succeed at any relationship for every long.

Your request so soon in a dating relationship will drive most men away. The only men who LIKE needy women are the ones who control and abuse their woman.

You've only known each other for two months... and meanwhile if a guy told me he "wishes i'd lose weight", that would be the last time he ever got the privilege of talking to me. Forget that. I don't need or appreciate insults. I don't insult people, so why should i put up with thatShit? No way

Hard lesson learned with age and experience.

- Men go after what they want.

- When a man is over the moon for ya, there will not be excuses. He will make a way to claim you.

- You will unfortunately ignore this information as accepting its truths are too painful with your current feelings of self worth and continue attempting to make him(impossible) look past your weight...only problem is, even when yoi do lose weight, it will be another reason. You'll waste more months, possibly years giving him attention while missing out on other men who'd cherrish u as now that he's essentially told you that you are not good enough, your insecurities with other male figures in your life, will lead you to trying to correct the past rejections and get this guy to fall for you. He'll give u glimpses of hope,will take your money, sex, time, and secretly date and marry someone else.

- you'll have to learn this on your own...no Yahoo poster can change you only you can.....seek counseling to work on u

• Murzy

Why not join Weight Watchers as a couple?

• Diyah

People who know what they want don't need to wait "and see what happens" or "get to know you a little better". They are eager to progress things. It sounds like he's not that into you but wants to keep you around in case he can't find exactly what he's looking. Think about it logically. You like him, you want more. He says he likes you, but is hesitating on more. It's not adding up.

He's no someone I would expect quality commitment from. Even if he does commit, it probably won't last too long. He's seen you, he knows you, he's been around you, and he's still unsure. That's not normal.

I would begin seeing other people. All you need is to meet someone who will show you what it means to want you and you'll realize he's not worth your time. Only talking to him and associating with him is lowering your standards. If you don't find out what it means to be treated well, how will you know when someone isn't doing it. Sidebar him and meet some new people.

Stop worrying about things you can't control you are perfect the way you are don't let him be the reason you look at yourself differently in the mirror. If he does think your perfect then he will eventually commit and if he doesn't then he isn't who you are meant to be with. If he can't love you unconditionally the way you are he is not the one for you. Also, guys are idiots.