Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Uneven snake bite piercings?

I got snake bite piercings on January 8th, so 1 1/2 week ago. I've noticed that they are uneven, but I was waiting for the swelling to go down before making a final judgement.

They definitely are uneven. One of them is a bit lower than the other. It also may be closer to the corner of my mouth than the other, but I could just be paranoid. My mom told me the latter when I 1st got them done.

I am one to freak out over things like this. If something isn't symmetrical (especially if it's on my face), I can't stop thinking about it.

I know that other people won't notice that they're uneven, which makes me feel a bit better. But I know that I'll always see them and be upset that they aren't perfect.

I'm reluctant to get them redone for 2 reasons. Firstly, I don't want to take one out and let it heal up, then go through the process again (I did not enjoy the initial healing the first time around. No complications, but it was maddeningly annoying). Secondly, I'm afraid that if I go back to get it redone, it will still end up not right.

My piercer is very reputable and is certified to do these piercings, so I don't blame this on an incompetent piercer.

I put 3 imgs here. Please ignore my imperfect skin. In some pictures the piercings look even (top img), but in others they are noticeably not symmetrical (other 2). Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Is it severe enough to warrant going back and getting it redone, or should I stop overthinking and just let it eat?

Yup, definitely uneven,  Looks like big pimples on your lip.  Nasty.

If you feel that it’s going to keep upsetting you and you’re not happy with them the way they are, I would consider getting them redone.

Personally, I wouldn’t have noticed they were uneven until you pointed it out. Either way, they’re not that bad.

• Kellie1 month agoReport

Thank you for the second opinion :) I called them and they said I'd have to pay to get it redone anyway :( I figure it's probably not worth it considering how subtle it is.