Why are my friends jealous of my partner?

One of them tries to be polite, but she doesn’t encourage me to talk about my new boyfriend.  The other one keeps changing the subject and looked annoyed when he met my boyfriend, although they seemed to get along well and he said he liked him.  Both my friends are single and they’ve gotten afraid of losing my friendship to another guy in the past who showed interest.  

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you nay bring him into all of your interactions whether it verbal or surprising them with him when they expect to be around you. Keep in mund, u chose to date him and u love him. They only chose to be your friend. Make sure your time with them us yours and dont have every other sentence include a story about your new boo. Its like how u intro new pets to existing pets in ur home. U dont just toss them in together and say play. Its gradual....little sniff through the childproof fence....little time together...then lots of time apart, etc. Do that.

They’re probably just afraid of losing the time they normally spend with you. 

Oh - so you are the sort of person who likes taunting his/her suitors by forcing them to meet your latest love whilst knowing that it will upset them. One day they'll wake up and realise that you aren't the nicest person in the world.

• Lili

Why do you feel the need to "talk about" your boyfriend? Perhaps your problem is that you need to engage your friends in conversation about other things.

They're not "jealous" -- just bored. No one wants to spend all her time listening to someone drone on monomaniacally about her boyfriend.  Make yourself look more intelligent and interesting by coming up with other things to talk about -- news, current events, culture, etc.

Otherwise, you really are going to look and sound tedious.

• Lili
      4 weeks agoReport

So, TALK about those other things and don't keep bringing up your boyfriend.  You may not realize how much you are doing it.