What's your opinion on Black Metal?

I love it! But it needs to not be afraid to expand.Satanic music is not all heavy and fast.

I do Celtic pagan metal , which is a bit different . The only negative thing with death metal black or Satanic metal is , they distort the guitar to much creating frequency clash so you don't  hear the notations as clear and the subtleties are almost drowned out . Toning down the distortion want take away from the dark sound as some may think , it would in truth make it even darker cause the insturmentalists would need to add to the creative box to give unique notations to add a to the dark sound . I wrote a song that uses very little distortion as the notes themselves send chills up the spin and add a true darkness . If I ramped up the distortion , the dark tones would be drowned out by frequency clashes .

• polly

I used to be sceptical of black metal,it's motives & of the integrity of the musicians that participate in the black metal scene.

I kept an open mind though,dismissed the small percentage of imbeciles within black metal that put a blight on the whole industry & the negative press that they caused & now respect it & enjoy black-metal as one of the finest sub-genre's of metal that there is

• D1218

It's okay. It's not my favorite type of metal even though I'm a huge fan of metal genre. It can be quite heavy by itself but it's alright. Lol.

• In

I think the black metal nitride finish looks much better than blued or parkerized gun finishes.