Do you really think that there is some sort of parallel universe where everything is the same, but a bit different?

• Hunter

This is not a new idea. Quantum physicist, Hugh Everett III proposed the "many worlds" theory as far back as 1954. So, sure, why shouldn't you be happy in some quantum world if you are miserable in this one?

My mother once saw "me" walking down the street one day, but the thing was, I was nowhere near where she said she saw me. To her dying day she swore it was me. Doppelgangers might be from some parallel world, if only for a brief time as universes occasionally come together.

• Tom

No, but I do believe Parallel universes exist----Simply "matter at a different frequency" than our own.---Like different "radio" wave signals sharing the same air, parallel universes effectively share the same space. Remember that ultimately, all MATTER at it's most basic level is "waves". "Particle Waves" of the same frequency are "real " relative to each other---Thus entire universes could form of mass particles at the same "frequency" (or more properly, Sharing wave attributes")------They would form STARS, Galaxies and planets just as in our own universe.---No reason for them to become more "Identical" though---There would just be different stars and planets in another universe---just as different parts of our own universe would have different stars and planets. You will not likely find an "Earth Double" or "other yous"----in a parallel universe---No reason to. Its just ANOTHER independent universe similar to our own----With likely similar Physics, etc.

• Jon

No, I don't.

That form of parallel universes is known as the Many-Worlds Interpretation (MWI). There are other forms of multiple universes, but the MWI is the one that gets the most attention these days. MWI is a way to explain the double-slit experiment. One thing you'll notice about the double-slit is that it settles down into a narrow range of possibilities, not an infinite number of possibilities. What that indicates is that even though there are an infinite number of paths that a particle can take to get from a given point A to B, there isn't an infinite number of points A's and B's, there is just the one set of them. So even if the universe splits into infinite paths, MWI doesn't keep all of those copies of the universe separated, it reintegrates them by the time they get from point A to B. In the end, your life doesn't turn out at all different, it's exactly the same no matter what path the particle took in between getting from point A to B. So there won't be multiple copies of you, in different universes with a slightly different life than you, all versions of you are exactly the same.

• Dr. NG

It's impossible to give yes or no answers to these types of questions because neither one is correct. I don't know is the only correct answer and it is an extremely unsatisfying one. You can add a "but I hope so" I do, but you know what they say about hope.

• `2 weeks agoReport

My last comment didn't post or it was flagged. Since I'm here today, I think I'll try to recreate it. The reason I recall this is because of the retired librarian. She was so proud of herself. She kept smiling and nodding her head up and down as if she was hearing imaginary applause :))

• No, I do not think there are places like that.  Only those who live in their own fantasy world think those silly things are possible.

Infinite Earths theory.

Nope.

Where is the evidence of such a thing. Science fiction, and pub style speculation don't count as evidence.

no, i do not really think that

Yes, and I can access it through my bathroom shower stall.

As far as "a bit different", yes.  On the other side, the water temperature faucets are  the opposite sides.

I save on water bills by showering over there, and drying off over here.

I hope the other me does not find out about this.