Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why do people find exterminating pest feral cats so distasteful?

Feral cats are a nuisance.   I have a group that is upset because I keep removing the food they are leaving out for cats behind my business.  I spent months throwing out the food they left each morning before we opened.  When they found out, they were furious.  But really, why do they think they have the right to feed pests on someone else's property?

Update:

Cats do not control rats.  That is a myth spread by cat lovers.   A rat is large enough to injure a cat in a fight so cats rarely mess with an adult rat.  Plus, open feeding cats actually attracts rats.  

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Here in Australia feral cats are an invasive pest and are legally allowed  to be hunted along with other invasive feral species.

The people with the issues are  the people who refuse to open their eyes and seperate the domestic pet cat they keep and the feral cat that has reverted to a wild state and is causing havoc in an ecosystem that was not equipped to handle these types of cats.

Pet cats who are allowed to roam are also heavily problematic as they hunt and kill native wildlife  They have no business being let out to roam either and quite frankly if you do let them roam then you sure as 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 better accept the potential consequences  of your actions.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The main reason feral cats are a nuisance is if they are out in wildlife habitats killing wildlife, including endangered species. If they are living in the alleys, they are not a problem, and they can even help control the rodent population. If people are feeding them, then they will not suffer. Just leave the food and the cats alone. Even if they do not control rats, you have nothing to lose if you leave the cats alone. You have listed no reason why they are a nuisance to you. What have they done to you personally?

• Star_of_Darkness
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Living in the city causes just as manny issues, They spread all manner of diseases and parasites, still kill wild life and more. Wipe them out 

• 1 month ago

They are stupid

Feral cats cause extinctions. They wipe out entire species and slaughter all manner of song birds and small animals 

Cats do NOT control mice or rats at all. In fact the cause more mice and rats and they cause other predators like coyotes and racoons to move in so they can pick the cats off. 

A well trained JRT will way, way more rats then any cat will. 

• Ken S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe they are humane and have feelings and care unlike people like you who only give a dam about themselves and are bothered by things that don't affect them at all

• Tarkarri
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Feeding feral animals is not humane. Feeding feral animals increases the feral animal problem and cauces destruction of native species.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If it is on your proprrty you can have them charged with trespass and littering.

You are entitled to trap and remove stray animals in your property.

• 1 month ago

they should trash your business and severely batter u

• 1 month ago

It's also against the law. And will land you in jail with several felony charges.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They keep the rat population down. I’d rather have cats than rats. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.