Nicholas asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What is best way to train a two-year old rottweiler-pitbull mix?

It has been such a long time since I had a puppy(My third dog was adopted when I was in middle school and died when I was 21) A year later after my third dogs death and almost 200 days after the death of my second dog, I got a new dog. She is a rottweiler-pitbull mix named Lucy. She doesn't really bark (which is good but a little concerning). Also she doesn't play with her toys but she licks and nibbles/bites when you come near her. Lastly she likes to follow me around the house.

• Carson
    Favorite Answer

That dog is waiting for you to lead.

Use a high squeaky voice

Make a schedule eat, play, walk, dog park and stick to it. They live by schedules.

I suggest you to go take a few classes at PET SMART OR PETCO so you can be trained.

Something to practice. I teach my dogs finger gesture and voice commands. Google them

Sit. Lucy facing you, have a treat "SIT" move the treat low dog nose level she'll want to back lift the treat up over her head. You'll seen it first time you do it.

Walks 6ft leash Lucy next to your left heel loop in right hand, leash lose in left. Command Come

If Lucy pulls drop the leash from left hand, when she pulls it tight say NO give the leash a quick pop turn and walk the other way say "Come" when she's by your heel "GOOD GIRL" she pulls repeat it Be consistent. She wants nothing more than to make you happy. She'll anticipate the pop/jerk and turn, she's catching on.

You can do it in a day and reinforce on walks.

Congratulations Good looking Dog

• E. H. Amos

You need better training classes, than what is offered at pet supply stores.  Look for dog training or AKC dog clubs in your area, or call your SPCA or even your vet and ASK for referral to classes.

What sort of moron gets a backyard breeder mutt that's a mix of the number one and number two deadliest dogs? You're an effing idiot!

It's a MUTT. There's no particular way to train it. But you're dealing with a mix of aggressive breeds so as clueless as you are you are pretty much doomed.

maybe you can take her to a dog training school