Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

How much attention is on the bridesmaids?

I ask because I'm really insecure (about my looks, etc) and don't like being in front of people

Why don't you post a pic and let me have a lot at you, I will tell you if you have anything to worry about. Most of the attention will be on the bride.

• Kelly

Hardly none.....

• sarah

People will look at you very briefly as you walk down the aisle. If the wedding you're gonna be in is anything like the ones I've been in, by the time you're halfway down the aisle, there will be another bridesmaid starting down, and by the time she's halfway down, there will be another, and so on. So, you're never the center of attention for long. And then, of course, the bride comes, and everybody's focused on her (and maybe peeking at the groom to see if he's crying, lol). Then, for the rest of the ceremony, the bride and groom are in the spotlight, and you're basically just a wallflower until it's time for you to walk back down the aisle. I was nervous about this, too, especially since I was the first bridesmaid to walk out in both weddings, but it's really not a big deal.

There will be quite a bit of attention when you walk down the aisle then not so much.  All eyes will be on the bride and groom majority of the time.  Ñobody will pay that much attention to you for you to feel insecure about your looks or anything.  Weddings are a family event where the parents, grandparents, grandchildren and cousins etc come together for unity.  Anyone in either of the families who feels the need to critique or size you up is out of line and you are odd for thinking there's any reason to be uncomfortable.  It's a time for comorodity and Love.  I don't think anyone is going to try to make you feel uncomfortable as I said.  Don't think that you will be the center of attention either you're only part of the wedding party not the bride.

Source(s): Was in fifteen weddings & close to one of my own

No offense to you, really.  But, the bridesmaids do not garnish a bunch of attention uness they get drunk and dirty dance or make a really embarrassing speach. 

Honestly, you will not be the center of attention during your friend's wedding.  Go and enjoy yourself.

Very little. The wedding day focuses on the bride and groom mostly.

• Foofa

Most brides will dress you in such a manner that people will actually look away from you. There's a reason bridesmaid dresses are always hideous. It's because the bride wants all the attention on herself.

Don't worry, as a bridesmaid you'll hardly be noticed. All the attention will be on the bride and groom.

i wouldnt worry about it, they'll probably pay more attention to the bride anyways

It depends if they draw attention to themselves or not (IE by fidgeting), generally 80% of the attention is on the bride and groom, the rest is on the bridesmaids, flower girls, ring bearers etc