Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

why do so many people in the USA seem to have "big egos"? (whereas other countries people seem much more humble, modest)?

I think this is one of the things that makes many people worldwide dislike Americans and even Americans hate about themselves too? (I noticed many Americans dont like other Americans either) why,, how this has become the case that so many in the USA dislike each other and is it due to "big egos"? why , how this has happened?

Update:

like I have seen how people in countries like Mexico or even other Latin  American countries all seem to get along and like each other and are friendly and community oriented and i think has to do with them not having "big egos" and seem modest and genuinely friend and caring, but why the USA has evolved the way it has where everybody is out for themselves and competing with each other instead?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

People naturally don't like egotistical people and that is what people are looking for people to dislike them so they can claim they are better than someone else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Oh, that's not the impression I get of Americans. You must be thinking of those in the politics or entertainment industry - those people are loud with big egos. 

The everyday Americans I encountered were quiet, friendly, hard working, resourceful and kind. Not all of them are baseball cap wearing, burger munching morons who see everything as a competition. 

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

you know that isnt true. MOST americans are egotistical

• Quite simple answer...it's not true.  You're just mis-informed.  Especially your "update", which seems to ignore the brutality and violence currently taking place in the countries you claim are friendly and caring.  Take your next vacation in Venezuela, eh.  Or check out the poverty in the Favelas as rich countrymen drive past.

• 1 month ago

People are all different and don't think of themselves as a nationality. We aren't so heavily conditioned by a particular country so that we think of ourselves as having a particular nationality. Americans don't think of themselves as American or better or worse than other nationalities. Humans first of all are human and no different than others. Nationality is superficial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To be fair to America, other countries have been super-patriotic about themselves.  France, Germany, Italy, England and Scotland have thought themselves smugly superior to other nations at one time -- and that's just Europe.

Still the USA has swaggered IMO from the moment they broke from Britain.

• 1 month ago

🥴 America is at the center of attention 24-7. Other countries aren't as much.

So... it comes partially from this need to stay on top of appearances.

Source(s): Observation.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

i dont think they do, i think people are just lying about them

Pearl L

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Slammed into their head since birth and through school..."USA is #1" Hoo Hoo!

That is programming.  The US is not the only one.  The FRENCH are better than anyone else...world wide with the best language, best food, best wine, best women, best garlic for the best snails....most beautiful city, the best culture, etc.  Some Germans are like that.   These people in general don't really know their history and the darker side to it.  They are not taught that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Conservatives, and their never ending smear campaign against people that don't think like them. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

By its presidents bragging about "how great the country and its people are" giving its citizens a false sense of superiority. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.