K asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 3 months ago

Joint Sponsor Affidavit of Support I-864 requirements?

Hello everyone. I found a joint sponsor for my husband and I was wondering how many documents I should request from the sponsor for my spouse? This is a Cr-1 petition. For example, is there a specific number of paystubs i should request from joint sponsor? Based on your experience, which financial documents should I send my husband to show that he has a joint sponsor? Could you please list me the ones that I need from the joint sponsor and in what quantities?

Both you and the joint sponsor need current year paystubs plus your last 3 years of US income tax returns. The cosponsor must earn enough to support self, all dependents, plus the person they cosponsor. They do NOT "just make up the difference" for the amount you are short. The cosponsor fills out their own form & attaches required proofs. You do not add some random piece of their documentation to your form.

2 paystubs, copy of w2, tax returns for 3 recent years (or tax return transcripts), and job letter confirming employment.