Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 1 month ago

What's wrong with my shoulder blade?

My shoulder blade grinds along my ribs on my back, it makes an awful noise and everyone around me (myself included) is getting fed up of hearing it! If I reach up to get something, go to grab my water off the table, or move my arm pretty much anywhere it makes this grinding noise as it rubs over each of my ribs. 

I have no pain, except for the slightly uncomfortable feeling when it's in the "wrong" place. It just feels off until I can slide it back down... 

Not sure if it's related, but I fell off a young horse back in early October, 2019. He threw me and I landed on my back and I remember hearing a little pop as I hit the ground. I was sore for about a week but I've learned that's pretty standard after a fall so I just didn't think much about it. 

At the beginning I thought it was Snapping Scapula, but I'm under the impression that that heals fairly quickly with some ice and ibuprofen. On top of that I find inflammation unlikely as I have no pain... I will eventually be seeing a doctor as it's VERY annoying, but if you guys have any ideas on what's going on I'd really appreciate it!

you need to see your doctor and get it checked out

• Carson

The pop may have been a tendon reputuring, tearing in two.

I'm not a Dr, but I've had more than my share of those injuries.

You need to see a Dr now. If my guess is correct you need intervention to stop further degeneration. "Grinding" is not a good thing. You are wearing structure and support away.

If a stabilizing tendon ruptured the tendon retracts back toward it's respective attachment point. It can retract so far that it may not be able to be to be pulled together, picture medical 'come alongs' pulling the tendon to be joined and sutured together.

The older you get, the worse it will be. The movements that are causing the grinding will eventually cause severe pain.

maybe you need to ask your doctor this question