Can I get the name of a series where suddenly people stop dying?

Several years ago I watched a science-fiction series, where suddenly across the world people stop dying. The plot also included a man, who had been alive for centuries but now he could die, a tunnel through the Earth, which opens in Hong Kong and Rio de Janeiro, and an organisation, with the logo Ф, which is hiding the tunnel and knows what's happening. One scene included a man in a hospital, who had so severe injuries after being burned that he was supposed to be dead, but was still alive, but even after his head got detached from the body. Each episode was around 1 hour in length and began with the quote: "The day people stopped dying". But now no matter where I look I cannot find the name of the series or any information related to it. Does anyone know their it's name?

That was the second Torchwood mini series "Miracle Day." It's a Brit show but it did an American one-off series for Starz network taking place in the US. It's part of the Doctor Who universe. Captain Jack is the man who can't die.

Sounds like the "Miracle Day" season of the British series Torchwood.  I didn't watch that season but it was about how no one could die.  The series is a spinoff of Doctor Who and the main character is Captain Jack Harkness who accidentally became immortal and had lived for a couple of centuries.

no,ive never seen that show

Torchwood: Miracle Day

On the same day across the Earth, the concept of death is suddenly nullified when it is found that people who have suffered mortal wounds or fatal diseases are unable to die. This is initially seen as a religious miracle, but the absence of deaths begins to strain medical resources and spread diseases around the globe; the world's governments estimate that unless something is done, the world will be unable to sustain the population growth within four months.

• EddieJ
      1 month agoReport

I don't understand how only 4 months of no deaths occurring could bring the world to its knees.  I haven't seen the show.