Eve asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

why do my legs burn, itch and turn red while on the treadmill?

i’ve has this problem for about 2 years now. i workout almost every day and can do everything but running. i can cycle, use stair master, and leg weights.. but when i run or even walk on the treadmill my legs feel like they’re on fire. my doctor had me try a medicine for it (antihistamine) and also had me try benadryl and neither worked. the weird thing is that when i was on vacation in another state i didn’t have the problem. it has to be an allergy or something? anyway if you have any idea as to why this is please lmk:)

As your heart rate increases, blood flows faster, and the tiny capillaries and arteries in your muscles will begin to expand rapidly. When that happens, the surrounding nerves become stimulated, which will cause the itching sensation and redness. The differences in other states might be because of the weather such as temperature, or humidity?

• Eve1 month agoReport

i know that but what happens to me isn’t normal and i wanna fix it

i would go see your doctor about it

• Eve1 month agoReport

i did 

Try a different treadmill? Do you get this problem when you go outside for a run?