Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 month ago

How to record guitar amp correctly?

So I am recording guitar tracks on GarageBand. I have the mic setup and everything, however, you can hear me picking my electric guitar on the other side of the room. How can I cancel that noise?

The mic is not set up correctly, the levels are wrong or it is just the wrong type.

Exactly what type of mic and connection or interface are you using??

you need an audio interface, itll connect your guitar directly to your computer.

You need to make an adjustment on you're recording device, but first adjust your amp first, do not send full power into you're recording device. Understand that volume is electric current, that's power to the input on any device, power to high will blow out the recievng device. Find the amp setup to what sounds good, THEN turn it's volume down. Then go to recording device then make changes and adjustments to sound board and or equalizer, thTs what a studio does, then dubbing ,tracks and filters. The best way to get what sound you desire is with kickboxes, flange, extend, chorus etc.