Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

First puppy help?????

Hey guys,  i currently bought an 8 week old German shepherd.  It's my first puppy and i need help with a few things.   Sometimes my puppy can be calm,  but then randomly  begins trying to bite my hand and starts growling.   How do i stop that????

Plus he keeps peeing all over the house,  how do i get him to pee on a mat everytime.   Any advice i would appreciate it.

Im new to this 

• Jojo

You do NOT teach the pup to pee on a mat. YOU teach him to pee and poop OUTSIDE . There is loads of info online on how to do this.

Also see my answer to your other question regards the mouthing and biting.

If this is your first puppy and the pup has typical GSD  temperament, you may find you have taken on more then you bargained for.

Most properly bred GSD`s can be way to clever and manipulative for a first time dog owner. However a pet bred one that is not so typical natured of the breed may be a bit easier to handle.

Source(s): GSD owner for 57 years. UK

When he begins to bite your hand, a firm no & redirect him to play with a toy.

I would not try to make him pee on a mat in the house since he could get used to it & think it’s ok to go in the house instead of outdoors; Instead take him out every 3 hours especially soon after each meal and reward after successfully going outside so he knows that’s what he’s supposed to do.

Source(s): Personal experience with my puppies

get it to pee outside