do gluten-free foods have a worse flavor than non-gluten-free foods?

• denise

When I've had gluten free bread, I've found it dry & crumbly.

• Janet

If you are used to eating food with wheat flour in it, you will have to adjust to the taste of gluten-free foods. You probably will not like it at first, but our tastes adjust over time to almost anything that we eat long enough, if we WANT to adjust.

I have learned to like ALL sorts of foods because they are good for me. Except I have never learned to like hot spicing .. to me it has no flavor .. it is just pain.

it really depends on the maker---I've eaten delicious gluten free bread--tasted like normal rye bread from the bakery---but most of them I've tried are revolting.

It's usually that they have no flavor, and terrible texture.

• Rick

don't think you can tell the difference .....................

• Speed

That depends on whether the food is attempting to substitute another ingredient to replace the gluten, or if it's always gluten-free.

IMO, gluten-free baked goods like bread, cookies, etc. are pretty awful. If I had celiac disease, I'd be glad they exist, but I would never buy them otherwise.