Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Would it be a waste of the police's time to tell that you tried to OD on drugs?

Somebody I know wants to know. I know the statue of limitations for felonies is 5 years, except for capital offenses. He used cocaine and that synthetic cannabis crap. Did it multiple times. 6 or so years ago. He just wants to tell them because he feels guilty. I live in Alabama.

He just wants me to ask. Even tho I told him about the 5 years...

Thank you, hamlet. 5 stars and ten points.

Hamel5* damn autocorrect.

• hamel5
    Favorite Answer

You could walk up to an officer and tell him or her that you used drugs yesterday and there wouldn't be much he could do.  Unless someone's in possession or arranging to sell - there's no crime. 

But... if this is a real question ....   I"d strongly advise your friend not to say squat to the police,  particularly in AL.   If he goes into some data bank, they'll be looking at him funny everytime they see him.  Even a routine traffic stop could go south .  If you feel guilty,  talk to a counselor  

• Carson

Tell a priest. Cops have current, up to date idiots to deal with.

He feels guilty about trying drugs so he wants to tell the police? Why would they care. That makes no sense. Just tell a friend or psychologist or something.