painted my ceiling and now the paint is lifting/curling open ?

Hire a pro. Your tape was a crap job and the moisture from the paint made it even worse. I've re-taped crap tape jobs for $75-100 per room. This is not a DIY job. Sorry.

• I am guessing you did not scrub your ceiling first........... get some professional help.... you got a big problem

Did you check for moisture in the surface?  Did you clean the surface?  Did you prime before painting?  Did you use a quality paint?  If you answered No to all, there is your reason.

• Edwena

You used a paint that did not bond to the existing surface. You will have to determine what paint you used and what existing surface you have.  You might look at the dried paint and see if it contains a layer of the existing surface.  In that case the existing paint top coat did not stick long ago (for some unknown reason) and the application of your paint cause that poor bond to loosen and come off.   For example, it could be that long ago someone applied a top coat paint onto a bare or dusty surface and the top coat paint did not stick because it was a top coat, not a primer.  Your paint job caused it to disbond and come off.