Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 4 weeks ago

Can I use youtube videos for my instagram page?

I am trying to make a instagram page where its nature in the background with relaxed music or lofi beats. Stuff like time lapses of the ocean, cities, underwater turtles, jungles, lightning storms, animals in the wild. Stuff like that.  Anyways i heard you can use creative commons but most are bad quality. Would i be able to post good quality videos on my instagram page but link the original link? I want to put my other type of music also but a nice background. In the description or on my profile i can put ¨I do not own any music or videos on this page. I post the original link in every post. If you would like me to remove it. Let me know¨ I dont want to get into legal trouble but i think this would protect me. 

Favorite Answer

That won’t protect you, if the copyright owners wants to they can file a DMCA report and get the content removed which can lead to your account being terminated. 

To avoid this you would need to contact the owner of the video and ask for permission to use it 

• Nuff Sed
      4 weeks agoReport

You can also use "public domain" works that have no copyright at all.

yes, you can use

i dont see why not

• Nuff Sed
      4 weeks agoReport

Copyright infringement is illegal, so there's that.