What is the best thing you have personally done to help other people without expecting anything in return?

Favorite Answer

Saved a kid while lifeguarding,  who was going down for the 3rd time,  by the time I got to him.   I saw he was in trouble and being swept out to sea.....and rocketed off my chair and dove into the water.  When I got to the spot where he was suppose to be, I couldn't see him so I dove underwater , and there he was. 

It was literally a matter of seconds and he would have been a goner, but I hauled him up, and dragged him to shore,   and he coughed up half the ocean,  but he was okay. 

Easily the best thing I have ever done to help someone else,  without expecting a damn thing in return.  Just doing my job.  That's why I get the big bucks. 

• 1 week ago

I have done a few big things, which I am very proud of, And like to continue doing them, from time to time.  But what I have found is my greatest best thing I do to help people, is always try to make everyone I meet feel welcome. I think to myself, if they are dirty, odd,  not dressed somewhat normal, knowing I am dirty at times, I am always odd, and I sometimes dress funny, and I would want anyone I meet to still show me respect, kindness, politeness, a smile, and say hello, or good morning,  I will admit I have met a few not so good people, but most are good.  And I made a few friends.  

• reme_1

I donate blood regularly and tutor voluntarily. It is quite rewarding to know that I have helped others. (By the way I am an atheist.)

ive given away stuff i didnt want

• marty

It would appear I'm boasting about doing good deeds so I can't comfortably answer that question. Doing anything to help others should be between you and your conscience. 

• Murzy

I volunteer at several organizations.

Going to this girl’s room when we were in a hotel during an excursion and being her friend during the excursion when everyone left her and she had no one to stay in the room with.

SPENT 3 YRS WORKING IN A FOOD BANK..