What will happen if you ignore or not give rights of other people?

I went to a few Muslim countries. The last two were corrupted. I am Muslim myself. But, I am confused why were are acting this way. They treat animals bad, kids are used for work, and women are enslaved.

The ones in charge seems to know what are the people's rights but ignores their rights, or keeps quiet about it.

Is that haram/ sinful?

These Muslim countries with Muslim leaders/governments are in judgment because they are the guide of their nation. However, oppression is a sin. Those who are oppressors are sinning and those who are oppressed are sinning (because you are allowing it to happen) as in they have the right to rebel for their right. If you learn about Islamic history, after the Prophet death the followers didn't technically continue on the righteous practice of Islam and slowly fell back to their Arabian/Middle Eastern customs/culture.

what you just described happening