Fell pregnant immediately first time round. What are the chances second time being the same? ?

So I’ve got a period app that tracks my period. Had it for months so I kinda roughly know what days I am fertile and ovulating. I used this app to know when I was fertile when we first tried for our son 5 years ago. 

I was fertile a few days ago and then ovulated & had sex with my husband each night 4 days in a row. 

We are trying for baby number 2. Our son is 5 and when trying for a baby back then we decided in December & in December I found out I was pregnant. So I got pregnant immediately. 

Now I have 2 weeks to wait until my period comes or not. What are the chances of getting pregnant straight away like I did with my first son? Or could it be very different this time? 

Also today my boobs are tender and I usually get this tender pain a day or two before my period, it’s too early for pregnancy symptoms right? I stopped having sex 2 nights ago lol!

I don’t know. Maybe I am and reading too much into every ache & pain I get. I’m very anxious and hoping I get a missed period! Thanks! 

If it is 2 weeks until period then you cant possibly have any symptoms so stop thinking about it. My mum got pregnant first time with me and she hoped to have only 1 year between pregnancies but it took her 7 years before she got pregnant again. Good Luck

• LizB

You're both 5 years older now, so unless you were super young with baby #1, it's reasonable to expect that it could take longer. Might not be much longer, though, depending on your and your SO's current health. For example, my SIL got pregnant on the first try when she was 25, but 6 years later it took them longer... 3 whole months. At the time she was starting to "worry," despite 3 months still being the shorter side of average. 

• MissA

As a youngish woman with normal fertility your odds of getting pregnant in any given month are about one in five. If anything has changed since your previous pregnancy (secondary infertility is a thing) then that may not be accurate for you but it's a reasonable starting guess.

Your average period tracker app is really not that good at tracking when you ovulate. If it involves you monitoring your cervical mucus or basal body temperature, then yeah, it may be pretty good... but if it's just based on the dates of your last few periods then it's kinda meh.