Can I apply for my university before I get my associates.?

Okay, I'm on my last semester at my jr College. I graduate in a few months with my associates. However, the university I'm transferring to in fall (Southern Oregon University) suggests for people who want to start in fall apply January-  Febuary. Well I graduate my jr. College in may. Can I apply before I graduate, or should I wait until I graduate? Ha! I know very little about all this. Thank you.

2 Answers

  • danxp2
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Your junior college should be able to help you with this. 

    You can also contact the school admissions at the link below, they might have a different timeline for transferring students. They would be the best to ask.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Yes, of course.  Please take time to meet with a transfer advisor at your junior college.  You apply now and send in a transcript now. The university will decide whether or not to accept you contingent on you completing your current courses and getting good grades in those classes.  You do not need to "graduate" or earn an associates degree to transfer from a JC to a university.  

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.