Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 month ago

What piece should i play after V. Monti’s Czardas?

Hi I’m 14 and i just learned Czardas on the Violin, I want to know what pieces are equivalent to that or something i should learn next.

If you're a troll well w/e. 

If you're all about flexing just bear in mind 7 year olds have been able to play this to some degree of success. You're the big fish in a small pond, you haven't gotten into the ocean yet. 

If you're genuine, you're mindset is still wrong. Don't ask 'What piece should I learn next?' Ask 'What are my weaknesses, what can I continue to develop?' Identify those things (in a discussion with your teacher, who must know what they're doing if they taught you this piece). Then with your teacher you should find repertoire that challenges you in that way. 

For that reason, no one can offer you any advice about what to play next, because we don't know how well you play it, and your other strengths/weaknesses. 

You need to talk to your teacher. They know you, and they should choose.

One of Brahms Hungarian dances might be good