Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Looking to move out, not sure I can afford it.?

Im 23 and I make around 17.75-18.25 an hour depending on the time of day, I work 40 hours a week. There’s an apartment available 5 minutes walking from my job, and I just got a call saying there’s an availability In 1 1/2 months. I don’t have a car but the apartment will be around 900ish a month with all utilities covered besides internet. 

Right now I live with my mom however I am ready for the freedom and independence, I have friends that are willing to move in April-may but I think I want to live by myself, is this doable? 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Since utilities are included, you should be able to make it. Start saving up for the security deposit and first month's rent. You'll probably be happier without roommates. It seems like there are always problems with roommates that don't know how to behave, don't pull their weight with household chores, or don't pay their portion of the rent on time.

• ...Show all comments
    • XLunaX4 weeks agoReport

yes I've had this issue before with roommates, turns out the apartment is 864 with all utilities besides internet which is a good deal for the location it's in, unless my friends can find some really low budget I will probably live here!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

its doable but not very well, I mean after taxes you take home maybe $2,000 a month?? than 900 of it goes, to rent, then you have food, electricity, cell phone??

IDK man its doable but not easy.

• XLunaX1 month agoReport

Yes take home is around 2000, it comes with electricity so overall I think with my phone bill everyone would be a little less than 1000 which is doable, but not the best... but also I live in a city where average 1 bedrooms are 1300 

• R2D4
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes..............................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

j`st see the trouble,the drive a bike(motor type).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's doable, but up to you whether you want to.

• 1 month ago

It is doable but think hard about this move. While you are living with your mom, how much are you paying her? Who buys and cooks the food? Who pays the utilities? Who does the laundry? Even if you stayed with your mom you should be chipping in $500 per month or so and that doesn't even start to cover the real costs.

• 1 month ago

I would look for something a lot cheaper. You are going to ned a car. You are cuttng it very thin!!

• Judith
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I didn't have a car until I was about 24; got around just fine with buses, cabs, rides with friends and walking to/from work every day.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it might be cheaper to rent a room from someone

• 1 month ago

Yes.  Do it.  I wish you the best. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

doable but only if you can keep working and have the common sense (doesn't take much) to work out money for yourself

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.