Should I be suspicious if she only talks to me when we are alone?

Ever since I had a brief conversation with this girl on my college campus, she always seems cheerful whenever she sees me.  Whenever we see each other, she always makes eye contact, smile, and keeps a positive attitude without showing any negative emotion at all.  She always says hi to me and has never ignored me.  Even at times when I do not notice her, she would say hi.  She is even willing to focus her attention on me even when she is with a crowd of people.  While she always greets me when we see each other, I noticed that she only starts a conversation with me whenever we are alone with nobody noticing us talk.  Whenever people are around, she would only say hi and act casual.  Even people are around with no one talking, she is not willing to have conversation.  Should I be suspicious if she is only willing to have full conversations with me whenever we are alone?  What could this mean?   

She's genuinely interested in you, and it could be that she feels more comfortable talking to you about stuff she may or may not ever talk to other people about. Maybe one of you is in a relationship with someone else, or thinks you may already be with someone else, which would be another reason why she's trying to talk more to you when you're alone so that other people don't suspect anything is going on between you.

There’s more good than bad in that. She seems to like you. I wouldn’t look into it too much. Maybe she’s just shy to talk to you in front of others and prefers to start conversations when it’s just the both of you. It ain’t that deep. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Should you be suspicious? I think it is pretty clear that you already are. She has shown you a lot of positive things. That makes me wonder why you choose to see only the negative things that you are imagining. The conclusion that I have arrived at is that you are a very insecure person. You may be more of the problem in this blooming relationship than she is. in my opinion.