Is my Ex right?

okay my ex boyfriend is blaming me for our old relationship that took place years ago he says that if I would of came around his family more then we would have been happy together and he would have considered me as part of his family. 

okay let me explain we were both 17 at the time and he never said to me that he wants to meet my family he just kept pushing me to hang out with his family. Every time I ask him to meet my family he would say no. The only reason why he even saw my mom was because I had him in the house without my mom permission when i was 17 and lets just say i got caught ( got in trouble big time). I felt so uncomfortable being around his family. On my first day of seeing his family he would laugh and play around with his mom while i would just stand all alone by myself. I felt so lonely being there, Felt like I had no by my side or to talk to when I came over his house. Not just that but he would tell me over and over again that I'm special but I would never measure up too his mom. He feels like he put in effort with this relationship because he took me on a lot of dates IDK is he right did I blow it?

Favorite Answer

I don't think hes right.  I think you guys were young at the time and clearly he was super attached to his family and cared far too much what his mommy thought.  Which isn't how some people roll, I am not a hugely attached too my family.  So I get that.  But if you felt unwelcome and uncomfortable you had no obligation to be around his family.  

Bottom line:  This is in the past, that's where it should stay.  There is no point in him even bringing it up or you dwelling on it.  He has mommy issues clearly and your not about that life.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Women don't like mammas boys.  Let some other woman deal with his mom.

High school isn't the place to shop for a lifelong mate. He's stuck in a rut.

No, it sounds to me like he did not cut the apron strings.  I know what it's like to feel unwelcome.  

• Crystal2 months agoReport

thank you so much