Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Estranged from my sister and distant from my father, how do I find family or reunite with them?

My sister is just mean in every way shape and form. She is an adult bully. My father is very ignorant and my mental illness and he also tends to lie a lot.

Update:

Ignorant of my mental illness I meant to type

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If your father is ignorant and you dislike him and if your sister is mean in every way, WHY try and patch things up with them. You can choose your friends but you can't choose your relatives. If your relatives are so bad, ditch them and view your friends as family instead.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

That's why you're estranged from them. They are not good for you.

• 1 month ago

Accept these people for who they are and work on your life. And your sense of self-worth, personal contentment and your emotional issues. There are endless self-help websites online and also guided meditations on YouTube for healing and many other subjects.

take care of YOU first.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just contact them and invite them to do stuff with you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

When admits to a mental illness, their credibility about how they describe others begins to fail.  Maybe its your mental illness that is preventing you from understanding your family.  That they aren't the awful people you describe, but that your illness only makes it seem so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.