Why does speaking the truth bother people?

61 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

IT has been said tell a man a lie and he will believe you but tell him the truth and he will deny it,i guess how it is put forward if the truth is something joyous it shall be accepted but if it is bad it shall be rejected. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Carym
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Topics like "Sin and Hell," hardly create an atmosphere of love. Therefore, this Truth is extremely unwelcome among the unbelievers. And it's just as unwelcome among the nominal Christians for these won't give up the Bible, neither will they quite believe it; the result is then a comfortable yet blurry body of believers where anything may be true but nothing can be trusted as being certainly true. 

The increasing number of people that are brainwashed daily are now hedging themselves against the truth. Because they are ashamed to be unequivocally on the side of it. 

For these obvious reasons, Divine Truth always stands in the way of such and will always provoke a negative response.  

In spite of the Bible's persistent admonitions, they also do not heed the words of Blaise Pascal,  "Truth is so obscured nowadays, and Lies so well established, that unless we love the Truth, we shall never recognize it.

• ...Show all comments
    • Carym
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

God designed us to worship Him. Therefore, man will worship something even if it is not God, and as we have seen, what he worships is almost invariably himself! Why would you be different?

• 1 month ago

Peter Gore Seer,

Truth Like A Free Press, Would Destroy The JEW World Order, So No Whistle Blowing The Internet Will Close Down On You Much Like On Me.

• 1 month ago

Cite examples please.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because some only want their ears tickled with things that feed their limiting egos.

• 1 month ago

It depends on who it is if they are snowflakes, sjws or religious fanatics they will definitely be bothered for daring to point out the truth of their ideological view of the world being challenged but most other people value the truth.

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Truth infringes on what the ego creates, the ego would only use an element of truth to get you to believe a lifetime of lies.....such is the world we live in.... People believe their ego above all because they believe it is the voice of God on a consciousness level, but what is really happening is that God doesn't defend what isn't real, and if something bothers you, ask yourself, did I have a hand in my thoughts by allowing my ego to be bothered?

• 1 month ago

Speaking the truth is often like "tough love." No one likes to have the bad behavior (sin) exposed, and receive correction in the process. We all tend to justify our own actions, even when the break God's laws and Jesus' teachings.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I often find when someone claims to be speaking truth they are lying, sometimes they are intentional being deceptive but other times they are still lying, even to themselves. 

• River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's an offshoot of what is called the 'Dunning Kruger Effect' - where people who know the least often believe they know the most.

• 1 month ago

I have noticed that the poorer the evidence for a person's position, the more they are inclined to declare what they say to be 'the truth'. Flat Earthers are particularly prone to do so, for example.

• River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Correct.  People who spend a lot of time actually studying a subject will generally refer to their 'knowledge' in term of degrees of certainty, rather than 'absolutes'.  This is why it is amusing to listen to uneducated people deride science while repeating religious propaganda.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.