Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 4 weeks ago

Jack Ryan TV show?

Has anyone seen the 2nd season of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime? I found the first season to be really good, but once I started seeing the 2nd season trailers, I got an icky feeling of propaganda being foisted on the public. I still haven't watched the 2nd season, is it as bad as I think?

Favorite Answer

It's about a European company doing shady sh!t looking for rare earth minerals. At first they think it's Russia, the corrupt Venezuelan President is involved, and some Germans. I guess I just spoiled you but... I don't know what propaganda you thought was happening.

• Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That's still propaganda.

I didn't like it as much as the first season.  But I didn't think there was anything "propaganda" about it, except in that all of the Clancy stories have the American intelligence services as pretty unalloyed good guys. 

The second season has Jack and Greer each separately follow clues which lead them to a plot involving the corrupt government of Venezuela. 

If you've read the books the series is based upon, they're pretty much right-wing propaganda.  The earlier ones were okay, but they took a hard right turn after a few years.  It's not surprising the TV series would do the same.

It was good, but not nearly as good as the first season.